The Neethling Brain Instrument
The Neethling Brain Instrument (NBI)
This suite of assesments is a product of the colloration between Dr. Paul Torrance and Dr. Kobus Neethling. The suite of psychometric assessments is grounded in years of research in psychology and neuroscience.
Why the NBI? The coaching process based on the EQi-2.0 and the NBI suite of assessments are valuable tools for building communication skills and building a more productive workplace.
Five reasons for investing in developing social intelligence…
- The “creative economy” is overtaking the “knowledge economy” as the key driver of economic opportunity and development. (A Whole New Mind, Daniel Pink, 2006; The Creative Economy: Which companies will thrive in the coming years? Those that value ideas above all else, Business Week, August 2000)
- It is estimated that 58% of leader performance is explained by social intelligence. (The Business Case for Emotional Intelligence – 2006 Update, www.talentsmart.com)
- The workplace is becoming increasingly diverse requiring greater social, emotional and cultural intelligence. (Tomorrow’s Jobs, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2003)
- Service occupations will account for the largest amount of new job openings followed by Professional occupations while goods-producing jobs will continue to decrease. (Tomorrow’s Jobs, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2003)
- Our relationships mold not only our experience but also our biology. Neuroscience has discovered that the brain’s design is wired to be social. (Social Intelligence, Daniel Goleman, 2006)
A number of NBI™ based assessments are available including: the General Adult Assessment, the Skills Assessment, the Leadership Assessment, the Creativity Assessment, the Learning Assessment, the Teacher/Trainer as well as others. NBI™ results are also available at the team and group levels.